Reports to: Director of Juniper Refuge
Work Hours: 15-20 hours/week
Commitment: 6 months, stipend of $100 per month
Anticipated Schedule: team meetings every Thursday, 1-2:30p; scheduled monthly check-in’s; two hr/wk programmatic commitment; remaining hours are flexible in office and remote.
Job Purpose & Goals:
This intern should enjoy details and people! We’re looking for someone who is able to support the back-end of the ministry through their organizational talents, as well as connect those numbers and data with face to face interactions. This person will spend time learning about our ministry and programs so that they can 1. help keep our internal tracking organized, and 2. know impact stories of transformation or prayer to share with donors when they meet face to face over coffee.
Since we are a grassroots, team-centric, non-profit organization, it is vital that we have team members with initiative, creativity, and the desire to collaborate. We also desire someone with flexibility, since oftentimes our meetings and activities should accommodate those of our donors.
- Record changes and updates in our program accounts:
- Record, update, and organize participant information within the database by meeting with the Refugee and Resource Liaison and other staff.
- Communicate with program managers to ensure information and google forms are up to date
- Ensure new donors, volunteers, and newsletter tags are kept up to date in Mailchimp
- Print materials for events and driving packets
- Procure office or event supplies
- Assists with donor relations:
- Takes new donors to coffee to talk about Juniper Refuge, opportunities and mission.
- Records donor contact, date of donation, date of thank you sent
- Writes thank you letters to donors
- Ensures donor information is kept up to date in the database
- Track inventory in our storage unit, as donations are received and given
- Serve a refugee individual, or in a ministry program such as English or Mentor
- Attend weekly team meetings
- Eagerness to help donors feel connected to the ministry and a vital partner.
- Willingness to work/train in programs including Mailchimp, G Suite/Google, Slack, Trello and Excel
- Aptitude for organization and systems; sees the need for systems and has the initiative to discuss proposed solutions.
- Willingness to brainstorm, collaborate, and problem solve to overcome challenges that might arise
- Aptitude for observing, listening, and flexibility in order to promote success within the internal organizational functions
- Desire to grow and thrive in a supportive, team-based environment
- Willingness establish and maintain effective working relationships with both JR team members, volunteers, and the refugee community
Experience (preferred but not required):
- Experience working in Excel and Google Drives
- Christ Centered: One who builds your life and ministry around Jesus, with an open heart allowing the Holy Spirit to lead and inspire.
- Team Oriented: loves being part of a team, able to work across teams and to partner with other ministries, using the skills and gifts of others to create a better final product.
- Trustworthy: honest and considers confidentiality a priority
- Support Juniper Refuge’s mission statement, core values, and policies.
At Juniper Refuge, we fully expect each team member to be actively engaged in following Jesus. As Jesus’ love overflows in our lives, it motivates us to be open, transparent, and engaged in our relationships. We value trust and vulnerability, and share joys and difficulties together. In working at Juniper Refuge, every team member must be aware of and embrace the responsibility to represent the organization’s beliefs and mission in their own life, both personally and professionally.