Reports to: Director of Juniper Refuge
Work Hours: 15 – 20 hours/week
Commitment: 5 months, stipend of $100 per month
Anticipated Schedule: team meetings every Thursday, 1-2:30p; scheduled monthly check-in’s; two hr/wk programmatic commitment; remaining hours are flexible in office and remote.
Job Purpose & Goals:
We are looking for someone gifted in event planning! This person should be able to work with the leadership of Juniper Refuge to host groups and gatherings that further our mission. Planning and coordinating the logistics for Juniper Gatherings and 6-8 week groups in a fun and inviting way, will allow potential volunteers a valuable opportunity to meet and befriend local refugees.
Since we are a grassroots, team-centric, non-profit organization, it is vital that we have team members with initiative, creativity, and the desire to collaborate on projects. We also desire someone with flexibility, since oftentimes our programs and activities need to be adjusted and molded to specific needs that arise.
- Coordinates Yoga Groups, Art Groups, and Gatherings, including logistics and communication:
- Collaborates with staff and interns on planning and scheduling groups & gatherings.
- Coordinates transportation needs of refugees with volunteers able to drive
- Secures a teacher if needed, with the help of JR staff
- Secures reservations
- Procures supplies
- Makes digital and printed flyers, and mobilizes Juniper Refuge volunteers and refugees to attend
- Attends weekly team meetings
- Provides reports to Director, and shares updates with team
- Strong event planning skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Willingness to work/train in Trello, MailChimp, Slack, and Google Drive programs
- Ability to coordinate events and gatherings both on a team and in support of a teacher
- Willingness to brainstorm, collaborate, and problem solve to overcome challenges
- Desire to serve in a supportive, team-based environment
- Willingness to establish and maintain effective working relationships with both JR team members, the Church community, and among refugees
- Initiative to communicate with volunteers, churches, and cross culturally with refugee participants
- Genuine interest in working for the benefit of refugees and our mission
Experience (preferred but not required):
- Involvement with the coordination or planning of a class, event, or program
- Personal experience being a welcomer
- Cross-cultural experience and basic intercultural competency
- Fluency in Excel and MailChimp, or another communication platform
- Christ Centered: One who builds your life and ministry around Jesus, with an open heart allowing the Holy Spirit to lead and inspire.
- Team Oriented: loves being part of a team, able to work across teams and to partner with other ministries, using the skills and gifts of others to create a better final product.
- Trustworthy: honest and considers confidentiality a priority
- Support Juniper Refuge’s mission statement, vision, core values, and policies.
At Juniper Refuge, we fully expect each team member to be actively engaged in following Jesus. As Jesus’ love overflows in our lives, it motivates us to be open, transparent, and engaged in our relationships. We value trust and vulnerability, and share joys and difficulties together. In working at Juniper Refuge, every team member must be aware of and embrace the responsibility to represent the organization’s beliefs and mission in their own life, both personally and professionally.