Reports to: Director of Juniper Refuge
Work Hours: 15 – 20 hours/week
Commitment: 5 months, stipend of $100 per month
Anticipated Schedule: team meetings every Thursday, 1-2:30p; scheduled monthly check-in’s; two hr/wk programmatic commitment; remaining hours are flexible in office and remote.
Job Purpose & Goals:
We are looking for someone who is excited to share things that are happening and connecting seekers, volunteers, and donors with our ministry participants. Social media and newsletters are not about making us look good, but helping people live purposefully with our local refugees. This person will share helpful resources, new and upcoming opportunities, and what the Bible says about refugees both in social media and through our newsletters. They should be an effective and eloquent writer, quick to respond to questions, regularly engaged with our social pages, and creative. This person should be wise regarding the sensitivity around immigration, first offering a position of grace and love. Since we are a grassroots, team-centric, non-profit organization, it is vital that we have team members with initiative, creativity, and the desire to collaborate on work projects. We also desire someone with flexibility, since often times our programs and activities need to be adjusted and molded to specific needs that arise.
- Manages social media pages on Instagram and Facebook, Facebook page admin, including increasing visibility, sharing, by planning out posts strategically for each month
- Creatively writes about our programs and success stories, with discretion for our refugee participants, posting 3 times a week, plus posting in the JR story current events, upcoming events, things we’re praying about, and ways people can join us
- Provides relevant, and quality photography and videos for programs, attending events in order to capture media
- Creates graphics for social media
- Coordinates with Director’s fundraising efforts prior to and during fundraising months (May and December) for planning posts
- Attends weekly team meetings and social media check in’s, working with JR staff and other interns collaboratively
- Works to support a refugee individual or ministry program regularly
- Willing to work/train in Facebook Business, Trello, Canva, Mailchimp and Slack
- Ability to write creatively, efficiently, with gentleness and fun
- Ability to create graphics in line with our brand and with discretion for our refugee participants
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Juniper Refuge team members with regular communication and collaboration
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships in the refugee community
Experience (preferred but not required):
- Sharing information through concise write-ups, stories, or posts on subjects pertaining to opportunities to serve, education, mental health, current events, global affairs, immigration, or vulnerable populations.
- Christ Centered: One who builds your life and ministry around Jesus, with an open heart allowing the Holy Spirit to lead and inspire.
- Team Oriented: loves being part of a team, able to work across teams and to partner with other ministries, using the skills and gifts of others to create a better final product.
- Trustworthy: honest and considers confidentiality a priority
- Support Juniper Refuge’s mission statement, vision, core values, and policies.
At Juniper Refuge, we fully expect each team member to be actively engaged in following Jesus. As Jesus’ love overflows in our lives, it motivates us to be open, transparent, and engaged in our relationships. We value trust and vulnerability, and share joys and difficulties together. In working at Juniper Refuge, every team member must be aware of and embrace the responsibility to represent the organization’s beliefs and mission in their own life, both personally and professionally.